ITCQF® Certificate for Technical Communication Professionals
This two-day training helps you study the materials needed for ITCQF® Certificate for Technical Communication Professionals. To get certified, you must pass an exam that is booked separately. The materials and exam of the ITCQF certificate is owned and controlled by International Technical Communication Qualifications Foundation.
During the days we’ll go through topics such as
- What is technical communication and what are the benefits of professional tech comms
- What are the deliverables of technical communication
- What is the content creation process
- How do you do information design
- How do you manage technical communication
- What kind of tools questions you must consider
The training can be held in either English or Finnish but the training materials are in English.
The training is suitable for those in the technical communication and translation business who want to get certified and show that they have the basic understanding of the technical communication business. As the ITCQF® certificate begins from the very basics, it is most suited for beginners and those thinking about a career change.
No prerequisite knowledge is needed, as we’ll start from the very basics.
Fundamentals of Technical Communication
- What is Technical Communication
- Business Value of Technical Communication
- Information Life Cycle
- The Psychology of Technical Communication
- Code of Ethics
- Career Paths in Technical Communication
Types of Technical Communication Deliverables
- Product Documentation
- Training Materials
- Process Documentation
Content Creation Process
- Documentation Project Planning
- Information Research and Design
- Content Development
- Improvements and Corrections
- Document Publication and Maintenance
Information Design and Editing
- Document Structure
- Styles and Formats
- User Experience
Technical Communication Management
- Technical Communication Professionals and Their Role
- Project Management
- Configuration Management
Tool Support for Technical Communication
- Types of Technical Communication Tools
- Potential Benefits and Risks
- Introducing a Tool into an Organization
Duration and location of the training
The duration of the training is 2 days and the training can be arranged both face-to-face in a classroom and as an online training.
The days begin at 9.00 and ends at 16.00.
In the classroom setup, morning coffee and small snacks are available starting at 8.30. Lunch is around 12.00. Afternoon coffee and snacks are around 14.00. The training is held in the premises of Adina Solutions Oy at Rautatienkatu 21 B, Tampere.
As an online training, we can use for example Teams or Zoom – let’s agree on the details if you feel like a virtual training is better suited for you.
The trainers are either Anu Granroth or Laura Katajisto. Both are ITCQF certified and have worked in technical communication for 20 years. Both have received excellent feedback from their trainings. For more information, check out the LinkedIn-profile of Anu or the the LinkedIn-profile of Laura.
The price of the training is 700 euros + VAT 24%.
Next training days
No trainings available at the moment.
Are the days or date not suitable for you? Or, would you like a training that is customised to your organisation? Changes and customised trainings are possible – get in touch with us!
Registration and further questions
To register or ask further questions, e-mail Anu Granroth (email@example.com).
You can cancel your enrolment free of charge no later than 8 days before the training day. For cancellations done later, we will charge 50% of any training fees. If you do not cancel at all, we will charge 100% of the training fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.